- Nickel JC et al. A real-life multicenter clinical practice study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of intravesical chondroitin sulphate for the treatment of interstitial cystitis. BJU International. Epub 3 September 2008.
- Nickel JC et al. Chondroitin sulfate is a promising therapy for interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS). Abstract presented at NAUA October 2009.
- Data on file.
- Hauser P et al. Restoring barrier function to acid damaged bladder by intravesical chondroitin sulfate. J.Urol. 2009; 182: 2477-82.
- Personal communication (May 2009) with Dr RE Hurst, co-author of Hauser P et al. Restoring barrier function to acid-damaged bladder by intravesical chondroitin sulfate. J.Urol. 2009; 182: 2477-82.
- Hurst RE, Roy J and Parsons C. The role of Glycosaminoglycans in normal bladder physiology and the pathophysiology of interstitial cystitis. Interstitial Cystitis. 1997. Philadelphia. Lippincott-Raven Publishers.
- Hurst RE. A deficit of proteoglycans on the bladder uroepithelium in interstitial cystitis. European Urology Supplements. 2 (2003) 10-13.
- Rosenberg M, Newman D and Page S. Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome: Symptom recognition is key to early identification, treatment. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2007; 74 (3): S54-62.
- Kelada E and Jones A. Interstitial cystitis. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2007; 275:223-229.
- Hurst RE. Structure, function and pathology of proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans in the urinary tract. World Journal of Urology 1994; 12: 3-10.
- Hurst RE. & Zebrowski R. Identification of proteoglycans present at high density on bovine and human bladder luminal surface. The Journal of Urology. 1994; 152:1641-1644.
- Proteoglycans. School of Crystallography, University of London. www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk. Accessed 5th February 2009.
- Kyker K, Coffman J, Hurst RE. Exogenous glycosaminoglycans coat damaged bladder surfaces in experimentally damaged mouse bladder. BMC Urology 2005; 5:4.
- Cystistat Product Monograph.
- Gepan Instill Business Case. 04/2008.
- Nickel JC, Egerdie RB, Steinhoff G, Palmer B, Hanno P. A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel Group Pilot Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of Intravesical Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate Versus Vehicle Control in Patients with Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome. J.Urology. 2010; 76 (4): 804-809.
J. Curtis Nickel, Philip Hanno, Keshava Kumar, and Heather Thomas. Second Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel-group Evaluation of Effectiveness and Safety of Intravesical Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate Compared With Inactive Vehicle Control in Subjects With Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome. Urology. 2012 .Jun;79(6):1220-4
Ammarin Thakkinstian, PhD, J. Curtis Nickel MD, FRCSC. Efficacy of intravesical chondroitin sulfate in the treatment of interstitial cystitis / bladder pain syndrome (IC/PBS): Individual patient data (IPD) meta-analysis approach. CUAJ May-June 2013. Vol 7, Issues 5-6